Dr. Dekhtyar, the dentist in Brooklyn, NY, uses veneers for teeth to mask cosmetic dental defects and damaged teeth. Veneers, for example, can be used to straighten crooked teeth and improve your smile. Although dental veneers are more expensive, many people have benefited from them in a variety of ways. At Broadway Family Dentistry, we only use the highest-quality dental products available in the United States. We collaborate with the best dental laboratories in New York and only use the highest-quality dental components on the market.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers for teeth are handcrafted coverings for individual teeth. Your general dentist at Broadway Family Dental uses these strong coverings to correct or cover many dental cosmetic problems. Veneers for teeth are wafer-thin shells that cover the front of the tooth to enhance its appearance.
Aside from aesthetic purposes, veneers for teeth have a variety of applications. Dental veneers for crooked teeth, for example, have a cosmetic and a practical effect. They don’t discolor with time and are resistant to chipping and fracture, whether they’re made of resin or porcelain.
Problems Corrected by Veneers for Teeth
Veneers for teeth can help with a variety of cosmetic dental issues, including the following:
- Discolored teeth from root canal treatments, antibiotic staining, excessive fluoride, aging, or large resin fillings
- Teeth that are worn down
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- Misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped teeth
- Teeth with gaps
Veneers can also shield the surface of damaged teeth, avoiding the need for more intensive dental work.
Procedure for Placing Veneers
The treatment is the same if you choose to cover discoloration or use veneers to correct crooked teeth:
- Your dentist examines your mouth to decide if you’re a good candidate for veneers. X-rays, photographs, or impressions may be needed.
- To make way for the veneer, the dentist removes about 0.5 millimeters of enamel from your tooth. He uses a burr, which is a rotating cutting tool. You may choose a local anesthetic because this may cause some pain.
- If you opt for a resin-bond composite veneer, your dentist can gradually build up, form, and lengthen the composite to fit the rest of your teeth. The light-sensitive resin hardens easily.
- If you want a porcelain veneer, you must return for bonding in two to four weeks to allow the dental lab time to create your veneers. You may fit yourself with temporary acrylic veneers.
- Your dentist will trim and match your veneers as needed. For a solid bond, the tooth is cleaned, polished, and engraved.
- Before the veneer is put over your tooth, it is coated with a special cement or light-sensitive resin.
- After the cement has hardened, the dentist can extract any excess and test your bite.
- A follow-up visit may be necessary to ensure that your gums stay safe.
The appearance and function of your teeth can be severely impacted by damaged enamel. Dental veneer offers a quick and long-lasting restoration solution. With these delicate dental shells, your smile will always be stunning. Maintaining the veneers’ appearance and integrity requires collaboration between both you and your dentist.
Monday – Friday: 10am-6pm
Payment: cash, check, credit cards.
Broadway Family Dental
372 Stockton St,
Brooklyn, NY 11206
Google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/HvSNGqfSQsQ8j9A8A
Bushwick | Williamsburg | Bedford-Stuyvesant | Fort Green | Ridgewood
11221, 11237, 11201, 11203, 11206, 11207, 11211, 11213, 11213, 11216, 11233